In this article:
- Solution to very common error while downloading VM through vagrant.
While running command vagrant up, following error occurs-
C:\_vagrantwork\proj2>vagrant box add hashicorp/precise32 The box ‘hashicorp/precise32’ could not be found or could not be accessed in the remote catalog. If this is a private box on HashiCorp’s Atlas, please verify you’re logged in via `vagrant login`. Also, please double-check the name. The expanded URL and error message are shown below:
Error: Failed to connect to atlas.hashicorp.com port 1080: Timed out
- This generally comes on corporate network due to proxy settings.
Step 1: Get proxy
- For windows 7 or higher- Execute netsh winhttp show proxy.
- Look for output under “Proxy Server(s)” it should be like <proxy_string>:<proxy_port>.
- Copy the string.
Step 2: Get the IP
- Ping <proxy_string>
- And copy the IP address (let’s say it proxy_ip)
Step 3: Set variables (you may set it in environment variables area for permanent fix)
- set HTTPS_PROXY=https://<proxy_ip>:<proxy_port>
- set HTTP_PROXY=http://<proxy_ip>:<proxy_port>
Step 4: Run your command
- Issue vagrant command.