Working with Virtual Machines (VM) – VMware workstation and vSphere client
Part 1: How to generate OVF file and import to vSphere client.
In this article you will learn:
- This will be series of articles which will cover different areas of working with VM.
- This particular article will help to generate VM when you are trying to migrate from VMware workstation to vSphere client.
- This article will show how to generate OVF file.
- And how to deploy OVF file to vSphere client.
You have ISO file and VMDK file, and want to create OVF file.
Now a days, people love to use vSphere client rather VMware workstation. VMware workstation uses ISO and/or VMX to create VM. But vSphere client needs OVF file, which can be deploy and create VM.
Phase 1: Create OVF file-
- Open VMWare workstation.
- Select the VM for which OVF file needs to be generated.
- Go to “File” menu of VMWare workstation and choose option “Export to OVF”
4. Choose target directory for export and wait for completion.
Phase 2: Import OVF file-
- Login to vSphere client.
- Click on “File” menu and select option “Deploy OVF template”.
3. Browse the location of exported OVF and click OK
4. Wait for a while to get it complete.
Print this article:
In next article will share how to increase size of disk of VM. Till then happy reading.